Monday, July 7, 2008

Simply Amazing

As I continue to grow as a Christian, I thought it would be a good idea to take a few minutes to blog about it! As many of you know, I was in a very dark place in my life just under a year ago. With a new diagnosis of cancer, being afraid all the time yet pretending to be just fine, I was in a downward spin. Even though I never went to church or prayed, I was angry at God and spent a lot of time with a rather large chip on my shoulder that was stamped with WHY ME? Until one day, my sister told me about this church she had been going to. I will never forget it, we had just left my chemotherapy treatment and were sitting down at Wendy's in Saratoga. She told me about the previous weekends service, and we talked about this guy Pastor Buddys' message..."Who owes you??". This conversation brought me to tears right there in Wendy's, though I had no clue who Pastor Buddy was nor had I even attended this church. I went to NC the very next weekend. Since then, I have only missed two services, I have met so many awesome people (Shout out to the Cornicks!!WOOHOO!!), and have become involved in something that is just simply amazing! Northway Church is in the middle of an awesome period of change and growth, something unheard of in the Northeast!












With the opening of its new Colonie location, and the consolidation of Malta and Clifton Park as we prepare to build a new Malta on a HUGE 12 acre lot, it is truly exciting to see God in action here! To see how so many people came together to give Clifton Park an extreme makeover (I think Pastor Nate will forever call me "painter girl") and volunteered for Celebration Weekend was incredibly inspiring. Plus nearly 100 people (including myself) were baptised right there on the property as the sun came out in the middle of some pretty horrible storms, and stayed high in the sky until the celebration was over! We literally sang the sunshine out! A perfect example of God at work! I don't know where I would be in my life today without God or Northway! I know now that there really is a reason for everything! And no matter what happens I will not be afraid anymore. A good point from Sundays message "Don't be afraid, We are going back down the mountain."
Being Baptised, or "going public" in my faith was one of the most emotional and freeing moments in my life. Simply Amazing!! :)

No comments: