Friday, July 11, 2008

...down the mountain 2

A quick appointment to Dr. M turned out to be an extended afternoon of examinations, blood tests, chest xrays, and lets not forget the line at the pharmacy! Not really sure what is going on with me yet, I will have the results of the chest xray and blood work today. In the meantime, I was started on steroids to help my lungs and an antibiotic in case it is a pneumonia. Dr. M seems pretty sure that these are all late effects of the treatments I underwent. However, just to be sure he has moved my P.E.T. scan up from August 11th (my birthday) to this coming monday. This is when I get shot up with radioactive sugar that gets sucked up by any cancer cells, that I don't have anymore, and glow on the films for all to (not) see! It is actually quite amazing, from the outside looking in of course!

I don't feel any better today, I was kind of hoping I would! I worked last night after all of that jazz, and I am tired and can feel myself starting to babble on and on, so I will update again after Thursday, when the results of my P.E.T. are back. I am seriously trying not to let these "threatened" losses scare me to death! please keep me in your prayers. Thanks :)

2 comments:

Mandy Cornick said...

Definitely keep me posted! Lots of prayers being sent up for you!

Michon said...

Thanks Mandy! I am trying so hard to be positive, but you know exactly how this feels! Your prayers are much appreciated!!