Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I wait...


Well the PET scan is behind me, now I wait for the results. It was a long afternoon yesterday at the Wilton Medical Center. In the past I had been able to sleep through most of it, this is my 4th scan, but not this time. I was wide awake going between reading a book to text messaging my buds. Then once the radioactive sugar substance had been given enough time to circulate (an hour), it was off to the scanning bed! Here I usually sleep too, this part takes 30 minutes. Nope, no sleep. Wide awake, lying still, breathing normally, and talking to God. Only I wasn't talking about me or what I may be facing. I was praying for my friend Jess and her son Jaden. Jaden is 7, and has mitochondrial disease. This has no cure and is literally causing his body to shut down system by system. I feel like I need to do something BIG for them. So I have been asking God for the answer. I have a few things in mind, like getting them involved with the Make A Wish foundation. But Jaden is pretty sick right now, he is at Albany Med awaiting more surgery, while his mom is by his side all day then comes to work at night. So I wait, wait for my results, and wait for God to tell me what I can do to help my friends.

1 comment:

Brian Howe said...

We are praying for you!!