Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Law of the Garbage Truck


This was sent to me in an e-mail, I thought it was too good not to share!!

"One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving in
the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right
in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the
other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy.
And I mean he was really friendly."

"So I asked, "Why did you just do that? That guy almost ruined your car and
sent us to the hospital!" This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now
call, "The Law of the Garbage Truck.""

"He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment.
As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll
dump it on you. Don't take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well,
and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at
home, or on the streets. The bottom line is that successful people do not let
garbage trucks take over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right and pray for the ones who don't."

Regarding life together and getting along with each other, you don’t need me to tell you what to do. You’re God-taught in these matters. Just love one another!
1 Thessalonians 4:9

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Mathew 6:43-47

3 comments:

Tina said...

This was an awesome message of the day - I emailed it to a bunch of people who needed a lift. You are so awesome!!!

Mandy said...

FANTASTIC!!

Michon said...

Chris- I did check out that site! How amazing, I thought this was just one of those e-mails! And come to find out it is a MOVEMENT! I am telling everyone I know to check it out!